The patented high-performance roof drainage system from CGL offering increased building protection and up to 60% reduction in outlets and downpipes. RainPulse is also the only push-fit solution in the UK.
The RainPulse outlet is specially designed to maximise the efficiency of moving rainwater from the gutter into the downpipe. This is achieved by removing the vortex action created by air entering the downpipe during heavy rainfall. Outlets offer the following features.
- The high water flow of up to 60 liters per second, per outlet.
- High water flow allows the system to self-clean the Gutters, Outlets, and Downpipes.
- RainPulse helps reduce gutter size depending on the required capacity. Working with a smaller head of water than Gravity drainage. This further helps to reduce project costs.
- The outlet Anti-Vortex plate is complete with a built-in leaf/bird guard for added protection against blockages. Smaller material will be flushed through the system while in operation.
- Outlet has been robustly designed to withstand foot traffic with all components being manufactured from Aluminium/Stainless Steel.
The outlet’s efficiency has been tested and its capabilities are incorporated into our design software that allows CGL to design the relevant amount of drainage outlets and pipes to suit each project. The drainage outlets have been tested at the University of Sheffield to BS-EN 1253-2:2003 and comply with BS EN 12056-3:2000. RainPulse is supplied as part of a system that includes suitable pipes which are HDPE or Aluminum (Mill/PPC). Our HDPE push-fit pipes are BBA Approved. The HDPE pipes are required to accommodate the flow and pressure of water in comparison to standard UPVC rainwater pipes which do not comply with the necessary efficiencies or specifications.
This is the UK’s only push-fit HDPE system that allows for quicker installation on-site with no specialist installer. We also offer aluminum downpipes which can be supplied in mill finish or a PPC finish. All pipes are specifically designed to suit the project requirements with minimum joints and are fully welded/dressed. CGL Recommends the use of Flex-Seal Adaptor Couplings for connecting drainage pipes of differing materials and outside diameters together such as ground drainage connections.